Thursday, June 28, 2007

For the record

I am not a big NBA fan. At all.

When I was younger, my uncle was married to the original voice of the Seattle Sonics, Bob Blackburn, so I got a lot of free Sonics stuff. So when I moved to Seattle, I was willing to be a fan. And damn but 1996 was fun.

Since then? Not so much.

The NBA draft happens in a couple hours, and the Sonics have the number two pick. Really, the only reason I wanted to post this afternoon is this - Greg Oden is the consensus number 1 pick, going to Portland, and Kevin Durant, the newest next Jordan, is the consensus 2 pick.

That ain't how its going to happen. You heard it here.

Durant to Portland, and a superstar future. Oden to Seattle, to become the best many silently fear he could be.

And in a year or two, the fans in Oklahoma City will be bitching about how the Sonics (maybe the Okies or the Oilers or some other Oklahoma name) screwed up the pick back when they were in Seattle.

And you can say you heard it here first.

Tomorrow: a non-sports post. Promise.

EDIT: OR exactly the opposite. Oh well - that's why I avoid the sports book in Vegas. Get more return handing money out to hobos.