Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Things may be looking up

I've been languishing the last few months. Since I finished my thesis, this here blog has accounted for maybe 95% of my writing. Truly sad when you look back at how few and far between the posts are.

Mostly, I've been trying to figure out what the hell I want to do next. I don't really feel cut out for this stay-at-home-parent business, but can't afford childcare either. I want to write, but I need to make money. And I was worrying myself into total inaction.

But, things are beginning to look up a bit. First off, I'm going to do a little admin work for this crazy bitch, who is totally cool, and which will bring in a smidge of cash to augment the monkeycage. Then I found out this weekend that I've been taken on as a blogger for RIVET Magazine, which will bring in no money but helps the rep and resume. And, I nabbed an invite to write again for 14/48, which is as much fun as one can have with their clothes on.

All of which has me a bit happy, which is weird and unsettling. But I know myself well enough to not sit on that. The above is positive inertia at best, but will dissipate if I don't push.

So, don't ask how I'm doing. I might say "well."

Contentment = doom.