Thursday, March 22, 2007

Inhofe = douchebag

I'm not a fan of Republicans. Not by a looooooooooong shot. But, I am always willing to respect the position if not the opinions. For the most part, I believe I could conduct polite, if potentially heated, debate with a political foe.

But, I'm pretty sure I'd call Sen. James Inhofe a dick right to his face.

Take a look at the transcript of his exchanges with former VP Al Gore over the issue of global warming (about which Inhofe is a leading skeptic). He sounds like a petulant child as he attempts to control the discourse (which is really the only response a non-scientist skeptic can score any points, given the consensus they face).

My favorite part? When he uses the "where is global warming when you need it?" argument, pointing out that, among other things, Oklahoma had three of their coldest days ever this winter, betraying a complete lack of understanding of climatology.

"How can you say water carves through rock, when I just watched the rain run right off a rock for three minutes? Can you tell me that?"

Whatta douchebag.